Named after Dolly Day Dreamer (yours truly), one of our favourite walks in the lakes Dollywagon Pike, and – wait for it – Dolly Parton, have you seen the red spoilers! She really is an all singing, all dancing head turner.
Our VW T6 highline automatic campervan has been converted with comfort and ease in mind and has all the mod cons one could ask for when thinking about booking a road trip. Dolly is the ultimate dream machine ( and passion wagon ) with 7 speed cruise control 204 engine.
She will legally carry 5 people, 3 in the front and 2 in the rear so is ideal for both couples and families. The van itself will sleep 4, two in the pop-top and two on the bench/bed. For those larger families of 5, why not hire our drive away awning which has a bed compartment. Dolly is also one of few long wheel base vehicles for VW campervan hire in the Lake District ( I have done my homework )
We know how important a good nights kip is to get a good start to the following day and our duck feather quilts and pillows will make you not want to share the duvet!
Our top notch heating system will keep you toasty whether you are on a winter exhibition or want to feel snug as a bug on a cool summer’s night. On the warmer evenings grab a camp chair we have supplied and watch the sunset.
All appliances are fitted including a double hob sink and fridge. Our map of the Lake District on the fridge door will have you planning your next pit stop whilst sipping a cool beer.
We have thought of everything you need to cook up some tasty meals as one thing is for sure, the van is not the only one who will need fuel, fresh air makes you hungry. Our Diablo toasty machine is genius and the Ridge Monkey is the coolest way to cook a fry up!
We have both tea and coffee lovers in our family, so a teapot and a handheld coffee grinder is on board to kick start your day with a brew.
A TV/DVD player and a selection of DVDS are available for hire for rainy nights so slide the bed down, tuck up with your cup of hot choccie and breathe…a little piece of heaven.
For those wilder campervan experiences and for those who get caught short there is a portaloo on board, I still maintain there is nothing wrong with a wild wee but watch the nettles ouch! Please click here for more information on how to walk on the wild side.
As a ‘Thank You’ for choosing our Campervan every booking comes with a welcome pack of local goodies, a gift from us to you, enjoy, all we ask is that you take care of each other and our camper.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Factory fitted alarm & immobiliser
- Autostop start
- Sportline Body Kit & sidebars
- Cruise Control
- Air Conditioning
- Built in Sat Nav
- LED Lights
- Solar Panel to charge leisure battery
- Bluetooth phone Connections
- DAB Radio/CD Player
- 18” Alloys
- Built in sink and double hob/fridge
- Electric Socket hook up
- USB points
- Seating for 5 people on Grey Bentley stitched upholstery
- Rock & Roll crash tested bed
- Sky Line pop top roof with hydraulic bed system
- Diesel night heater with thermostatic control
- Full hook-up with 240 built in charger
- Hire of the campervan and accessories
- Fully comprehensive insurance for drivers with no minor endorsements and subject to our Terms & Conditions
- Full breakdown cover
- Unlimited mileage (UK)
- Full tank of diesel – remember to return it with a full tank
- Gas Certificate
- Specialist Insurance and breakdown cover
- Crockery, Cutlery, Cups, Glasses, Plates, Bowls, Kettle, Pans, Cooking utensils, Ridge Monkey and much more!
- Quilts and Pillows for up to 4 people – Bring your own duvet covers and pillow cases
- A full demonstration of how everything works when you collect the campervan – please allow a little extra time for this.
- National Trust Membership – Free Entry and Parking into most NT places in the UK
- A parking space in our car park whilst you’re away or free collection from Oxenholme train station as we are only 2 mins drive away
- Bike Rack
- Canopy/Chairs and outside table for Al Fresco dining
- Welcome Gift of local goodies