Named after Dolly Day Dreamer (yours truly), one of our favourite walks in the lakes Dollywagon Pike, and – wait for it – Dolly Parton, have you seen the red spoilers! In Starlight blue she really is an all singing, all dancing head turner.
In rare Kurkuma Yellow the younger of our two vans is ‘The Show Girl’.
Meaning ‘Strong Power’ like Dolly she comes with one of the top rated VW engines and her Metallic finish makes this camper stand out from the crowd! Once seen never forgotten..sunglasses are a must 🙂
Our VW T6 Highline LONG WHEELBASE Automatic Campervans have been converted with comfort and ease in mind and have all the mod cons one could ask for when thinking about booking a road trip. Dolly is the ultimate ‘Dream Machine’ with 7 speed cruise control 204. Dixie is dressed to impress, the ultimate ‘Passion Wagon’ with 7 speed cruise control 150 engine. The Dynamic Duo are ready to take you on a road trip to remember whether it be solo or on group holidays.
Not to outshine each other we have ensured both our vans have nearly identical specifications, kitted out the same and are equally as amazing as each other with a personality and individuality of their own, after all we don’t want any sibling rivalry 🙂
Both legally carry 5 people, 3 in the front and 2 in the rear so is ideal for both couples and families. Both vans sleep 4, two in the pop-top and two on the bench/bed. For those larger families of 5, why not hire our drive away awning which can be used as a bed compartment. Dolly and Dixie are two of few long wheel base vehicles for VW Campervan hire in the Lake District and UK ( I have done my homework ) In our humble opinion once you have hired a Longwheel Base you will never want to hire a Shortwheel base as the extra room and storage is a billy bonus 🙂
We know how important a good nights kip is to get a good start to the following day and our duck feather quilts and pillows will make you not want to share the duvet!
Our top notch heating systems will keep you toasty whether you are on a winter exhibition or want to feel snug as a bug on a cool summer’s night. On the warmer evenings ‘Night Owls’ can grab a camp chair and watch the sunset or for you ‘Early birds’ watch the sunrise 🙂
All appliances in both vans are fitted including a double hob sink and fridge. Our maps of the Lake District on the fridge doors will have you planning your next pit stop whilst sipping a cool beer.
We have thought of everything you need to cook up some tasty meals as one thing is for sure, the vans are not the only ones who will need fuel, fresh air makes you hungry. Our Diablo toasty machine is genius and the Ridge Monkey is the coolest way to cook a fry up!
We have both tea and coffee lovers in our family, so a teapot and a handheld coffee grinder is on board to kick start your day with a brew.
A TV/DVD player and a selection of DVDS are available for hire for rainy nights so slide the bed down, tuck up with your cup of hot choccie and breathe…a little piece of heaven.
For those wilder campervan experiences and for those who get caught short there are Portable Loos available to hire, I still maintain there is nothing wrong with a wild wee but watch the nettles ouch! Please click here for more information on how to walk on the wild side.
As a ‘Thank You’ for choosing our Campervans every booking comes with a welcome pack of local goodies, a gift from us to you, enjoy, all we ask is that you take care of each other and our campers.
Dixie will be available to hire in May but you can book her NOW.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT PHOTIES OF DIXIE WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON AS SHE IS CURRENTLY BEING CONVERTED** KEEP UP TO DATE ON OUR NEWS PAGE!!!!!
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Factory fitted alarm & immobiliser
- Autostop start
- ABT Body Kit & sidebars
- Cruise Control
- Air Conditioning
- Built in Sat Nav
- LED Lights
- Solar Panel to charge leisure battery
- Bluetooth phone Connections
- DAB Radio/CD Player
- 18” Alloys
- Built in sink and double hob/fridge
- Electric Socket hook up
- USB points
- Seating for 5 people on Grey Bentley stitched upholstery
- Rock & Roll crash tested bed
- Sky Line pop top roof with hydraulic bed system
- Diesel night heater with thermostatic control
- Full hook-up with 240 built in charger
- Hire of the campervan and accessories
- Fully comprehensive insurance for drivers with no minor endorsements and subject to our Terms & Conditions
- Full breakdown cover
- Unlimited mileage (UK)
- Full tank of diesel – remember to return it with a full tank
- Gas Certificate
- Specialist Insurance and breakdown cover
- Crockery, Cutlery, Cups, Glasses, Plates, Bowls, Kettle, Pans, Cooking utensils, Ridge Monkey and much more!
- Quilts and Pillows for up to 4 people – Bring your own duvet covers and pillow cases
- A full demonstration of how everything works when you collect the campervan – please allow a little extra time for this.
- National Trust Membership – Free Entry and Parking into most NT places in the UK
- A parking space in our car park whilst you’re away or free collection from Oxenholme train station as we are only 2 mins drive away
- Bike Rack
- Canopy/Chairs and outside table for Al Fresco dining
- Welcome Gift of local goodies